Real estate is a career with significant rewards and as many challenges. Though it can be lucrative, it requires hard work, time and effort. Here are reasons a real estate career is an attractive profession:
1. You get to be your own boss. Real estate agents work as independent contractors. They get to set their own hours and decide for themselves how to manage their time and priorities. You don’t clock in and clock out every day. You can work from
home, set your own goals, and reap the rewards of your successes.
2. You have unlimited income potential. You’re not limited to how much you can earn hourly, or even to a particular salary group. Your income isn’t limited by an hourly wage or a corporate-dictated salary range. Since your career is essentially your business,
your main limitations are how well you can start and grow your business. As a real estate salesperson, your income is largely dictated by the time you invest. Grow your real estate business by adding an assistant or get the appropriate license that
lets you build your own brokerage. The growth potential is huge.
3. Real Estate is always changing. Some people relish in their work routine. It gives them control and limits the chances for surprises or changes. Some people get bored in an office doing the same thing every day. If you like change, new trends, and
adapting to different markets, real estate will offer the versatility in a work environment that you crave. You also get to deal with many different personality types. This can be an incredibly exciting part of the job, doing something new every day and
facing new challenges are part of the fun of being an agent.
4. You get to be a large part of a huge milestone. As a real estate professional, you get to be part of some of life’s biggest moments with your clients. Gaining great satisfaction knowing you helped someone through a major time in their life. From a
new couple buying their first house, to families buying a vacation home or a new investor buying their first investment property and embarking on a new career choice; real estate agents get to help people through this stage in their lives and truly
be part of a community. You can be part of helping them find that perfect home that will be in their family’s memories forever. When you’re a real estate agent you sometimes become
counselor, part life coach, and part mentor. That can be very rewarding for real estate professionals who have a passion for giving back.
5. Career advancement is in your hands. For a real estate agent, the glass ceiling doesn’t exist. You’re in total control of your real estate career.
No supervisors determine whether or not you get a raise. No annual review decides if you’ll get a promotion.
How to become a Licensed Real Estate Agent:
- Enroll and complete the Sales Associate Pre-License Course with an authorized school
- Get your fingerprints electrically recorded
- Submit application and pay all fees
- Register and take the State Exam
- Pass Exam
- Apply to join a Brokerage and thereby activating your license